Does Sonova GLA have any side effects?
- GLA supplements are well-tolerated by most people. The side effects are usually mild. Some individuals have reported headaches, loose stools, and nausea, and other mild events while taking GLA supplements. If you experience an event which persists, discontinue use and consult your doctor. Don't take GLA if you have a seizure or clotting disorder.
Does Sonova GLA contain allergens?
- Sonova GLA tablets are soy-free, gluten-free, and dairy-free.
Are there any additives in Sonova GLA?
Does Sonova GLA contain caffeine or any other stimulants?
Is it safe to take if I’m pregnant/breastfeeding or have other health conditions?
- If you are pregnant, nursing, taking any medications or planning any medical procedure, consult your doctor before use. Interactions with prescription drugs and/ or other dietary supplements can occur and lead to diminished drug effectives, reduced supplement effectiveness and/ or impaired drug or supplement absorption. Discontinue use and consult your doctor if any adverse reactions occur. Keep out of reach of children. Store at room temperature. Do not use if seal under cap is broken or missing.
- If you are considering using Safflower Oil GLA for weight loss or weight maintenance, consult with your doctor before use especially if you have a medical condition like high blood pressure, diabetes, and liver or heart disease. See https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/WeightLoss-HealthProfessional/
I am on medication and I suffer from health conditions. Can I still take Sonova GLA?
- You should consult your doctor or physician before taking this supplement, or any other supplement, if you have underlying health conditions or are taking any other medications
Is this a one-time purchase?
- Yes, unless you select the option for repeat delivery.
When can I expect my shipment of Sonova GLA?
Your Sonova GLA order will be sent out from our shipment center:
151 Industrial Center Dr. Ste 802
North Las Vegas, NV 89030
Below are the estimated delivery timings:
Free Regular Shipping (orders within the continental US only)
Expect 3-7 Business Day delivery times
Orders received before 12 PM Eastern Standard Time ship the same business day
You will also receive an email receipt and confirmation from us in your email inbox.
Do you ship worldwide (e.g., Canada, Australia)?
- Sorry, but Sonova GLA is only available for purchase in the United States.
What are the shipping charges?
- For orders in the continental US, there is a flat $6 rate for shipping.
- For US orders outside of the continental US (e.g.: Hawaii and Alaska), additional fees will apply based on location shipped to and will be calculated at checkout.
What currency are the prices in?
- All prices shown are in United States Dollars (USD).
Product & Usage Questions
What is GLA?
- Gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), the primary active component of SONOVA® GLA Safflower Oil, is an omega-6 fatty acid found in only a handful of plant-based oils, such as borage, evening primrose, black currant, and now GLA safflower. It’s a fatty acid you’ll want to get to know––GLA is an essential component for your overall well-being.
Do I need to refrigerate Sonova GLA? Are there any special storage needs?
- No refrigeration is needed. Do not use if the safety seal is broken. Store at room temperature in a dry place and keep tightly closed. Store away from children.
What is the size of the capsule?
- Most customers find the capsule easy to swallow. The capsules are about one inch in length.
Can I open the capsules and pour their ingredients into my drinks or food instead?
- Yes, the softgels may be pierced and added to food or beverages.
Where is Sonova GLA manufactured? Are you third-party certified?
- Sonova GLA is manufactured in Arbuckle, CA at a cGMP-compliant facility.
What is the dosage when taking Sonova GLA?
- The recommended dosage is two soft gels daily by mouth. There are thirty (30) servings per 60 capsule container.